We are very excited to add a Poison Ivy soap to our product line. This soap includes ingredients with the following beneficial properties:
- Beef tallow is the primary ingredient, so it more closely mimics old fashioned lye soap recipes. It also includes small amounts of coconut oil for cleansing, olive oil for gentleness, and castor oil for lather.
- Jewelweed – known for its anti-itch properties, jewelweed is a common ingredient in most poison ivy soaps. Substances in jewelweed may prevent poison ivy oil from penetrating the skin.
- Plantain – plantain has long been considered by herbalists to be a remedy for inflamed skin, eczema, dermatitis or insect bites.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal has been used for centuries to soothe irritated, dry, itchy skin. It has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory plant chemicals. Oatmeal is also gentle for all skin types, even the most sensitive.
- Chlorella powder – Though chlorella is often used as a colorant in soap because of the lovely green color it produces, it also is known for reducing redness and inflammation on the skin. It also is thought to restore collagen production of the skin, which can improve skin tone.
This soap is superfatted at only at 1%, so it effectively cleans poison ivy oils off the skin. Because of that it may be a bit less moisturizing for the skin, but it will clean skin very well. Since the primary purpose of this soap is to reduce skin irritation from poison ivy, the drying effect is a tradeoff. The oatmeal, provides skin soothing properties and a moderate level of exfoliation, which will help to fully remove poison ivy oils from the skin.
Ingredients: Beef tallow, Distilled water, Olive oil, Coconut oil, Sodium hydroxide, Castor oil, Essential oil blend, Jewelweed, Plantain, Oatmeal, Chlorella powder, sodium lactate
Net weight approximately 4 oz.